Flying Tadpole

Default Ignore the aesthetics, can it sail, and...WILL it be sailed?

John Cairns wrote:

"Flying Tadpole" wrote in message
As a cruiser of a design known to have split the civilised world
in two, I don't have a problem with the looks of the Mac26*.
--

snip

While Bolger designs might look ugly and
boxy(not saying they do) they look like sailing vessels.

What a diplomatic man you are, Mr Cairns!

The macs look too
much like powerboats, especially the new ones.

The confined-to-cockpit-or-cabin layout of the 26m seems to me to
be a real deterrent to forward on-deck movement at any time.
Unfortunate, since the boat is conventionally rigged with a
headsail providing most of the sail power. But after all, it
does have those stylish two-story windows (for want of a more
appropriate word).
--
Flying Tadpole

Learn what lies below the waves of cyberspace!
http://www.internetopera.netfirms.com