Jim Cate

Default MacGregor 26M - Valiant 40

Jonathan Ganz wrote:

What about "unexpected weather"???

Most weather is "unexpected" in our area. My point is that I intend to
be very conservative in going out when the weather is questionable, and
to motor back soon when the forecast indicates worsening conditions. I
intend to reef early and substantially, and stay close to shore if the
weather becomes questionable.

On the other hand, I don't intend to stay off the blue water because
there might be "unexpected" changes in the weather. As I've told you
several times, John, if I perish at sea, you won't have to stick around
posting notes on this discussion string anymore. You seem to have become
compulsive about the whole thing, and you can't seem to let it go. -
Seems to me that you ought to be encouraging me and urging me on.

Jim