Walt

Default Any Dinghy Sailors Out There?

Veridican wrote:

My wife and I sail the hell out of a Hunter 14.5 footer on the Gulf of Mexico.
We've made some minor modifications, of course.

It goes really fast in good wind, and we can sail it right on the edge of the
no sail zone (45 degrees off the wind).

This is called "pointing". Anybody who races does it.

Congratulations! Welcome to the sport of sailing.

What about you--what do you sail?

On a regular basis: JY15, Laser, Albacore, 470, CL-16, Hobie14, plus a
smattering of windsurfers.

Occasionally I'll hitch a ride on a keelboat when I feel like sailing
with a ton of lead underneath me.

Too bad there's not a separate dinghy newsgroup.

--
//-Walt
//