Lloyd Sumpter

Default Trailer Tires Overheating.

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 00:31:47 +0000, James Johnson wrote:

Hydrogen is even better yet (better heat transfer coefficient). It is what is
used to cool the 1000 megawatt generators at power plants as air can't carry the
heat from resistance in the windings away fast enough. Just watch out for
flames or sparks. Also hydrogen tends to diffuse through the tire so you have
to replenish it more often.

Having worked in a 1000 MW generating station, I can safely say this is
doggie-donuts. I wouldn't have hydrogen (or any explosive gas) within
100ft of a high-power generator!

Lloyd Sumpter