K Smith

Default Evinrude FICHT beats out Yamaha in JD Powers survey

Harry Krause wrote:
On 01 Nov 2003 09:22:40 GMT, (Gould 0738) wrote:

If you go to JD Powers web site they have reviewed many different models and
products (
http://www.jdpower.com/cc ). If the survey was controlled by
the manufacturer, I would not have expected Sea Ray to come in number 1, and
Bayliner and Maxum to be next to the last, since they are all owned by

Ok.

From the top.

JD Powers does not directly compare products. They collect and compare
"Customer Satisfaction Surveys". Can we agree on that? If so, on to point two.
If not, let me know.

Point two: None of the people they are surveying are directly comparing two or
more products either, (in most cases). They own a new brand X car, boat,
motorcycle, Frisbee, or what not and they get a survey. These people have no
idea based on actual usage experience how their product compares to the
competition.

Oh, puh-lease. When I "participated" in the Yamaha survey, I had 50+
years of actual usage experience with various brands of outboard
motors. So, I presume, do many other purchasers. I doubt 225 hp
outboards of any brand are bought by firs-time boaters.

You have never owned a boat & don't now your endless attempts to self
serve on the subject are just a measure of your low IQ.

Now you've upped the ante in this thread to as ell as having composed &
written treads you think if you lie some more it might actually fool
anyone that "you" own an OB, any OB, No chance you lying simpleton.

Proceed on with your performance I love saving them for the future.

A number of the questions had to do with the dealer and how well or
how poorly it performed.