Tan PS

Default Seaswirl Cordova 230

Hi All

I am looking at purchasing a 1990 230 with a 5.7 Cobra. I am totally new to
I/Os and this boat. Unfortunately the engine could not be started for a sea
trial and owner want to flog it off without spending further money, probably
his wisest decision since buying a boat ;-).

I am only concerned about the boat handling which I had a few adverse
feedback and want to avoid fixing the engne to discover that it does not
have desireable handling. Looking for feedback and advice on the boat
hull/engine characteristic. Following are comments I had, please advise.
Note that boat will be used mainly near shore and 2-3 feet chops are the
norm.

1. Is it suitable for in choppy situations?
2. Does it pound badly in a chop?
3. Does it ride with a high bow?
4. What is the minimum speed you can keep it on plane?
5. Does this engine have any funny quirks?

Thanks in advance.

Tan PS