Jonathan Ganz

Default MacGregor 26M - Valiant 40

What is bass-ass? Is that an ugly fish?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Jim Cate" wrote in message

Wally wrote:

Jim Cate wrote:

This isn't what happened at all. I posted my questions several times
on this an on the cruising ng and scanned the reponses for over a
month hoping to get some factual or substantive information regarding
the 26M. It was only after weeks of "Mac bashings" ...

What, you came into a sailing newsgroup to enquire about about a boat

you
knew little about, it's gets slagged off something rotten for a month...

...and then you go and *buy* one?

Nobody is that stupid.

You have it bass-ass backwards, Wally. I came onto this newsgroups
hoping to get some substantive, factual information. Instead, I found
out that most of the Mac-bashers have never sailed the current Mac 26,
and don't know what the hell they are talking about, yet despite this,
don't hesitate to pontificate and sneer and try to intimidate anyone who
likes the boat. This reveals to me that the Mac-bashers are either: (1)
stupid (2) incapable of rational thought, or (3) liar. In any event, it
put my mind at ease with respect to what I thought might be some
problems with the Mac, other than its inherent limitations that I
already knew. Thus, my decision was simplified, and I proceeded to
place my order. Because they are substantially sold out for the rest of
the summer, I'll be one of the fortunate few who will be able to take
delivery of this spectacular and innovated boat this season.

Jim