Jonathan Ganz

Default MacGregor 26M - Valiant 40

You would really be a fool to even attempt to sail
your Mac in 30 kts. To even suggest it implies that
you know nothing about sailing.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Jim Cate" wrote in message

Peter Wiley wrote:
In article , Jonathan Ganz
wrote:

Sure, I'm bored Jhm.

Well, he's good for something, then. My thoughts on his list of points
was exactly the same as yours - get a catamaran.

As someone else said, let's see that thing plane or move at 18 knots in
a nasty chop and 30 knot headwind. Isn't going to happen.

PDW

\
Actually, I would have reefed a long time before experiencing 30 knot
winds in any direction. The Mac has some obvious advantages and also
some obvious disadvantages. One of the disadvantages (with respect to
sailing in heavy weather offshore) is that it isn't a heavy
discplacement boat weighing over 15,000 pounds that can readily handle
30 knot winds. On the other hand, one of its advantages (with respect
to 90% of the conditions I expect to sail in) is that it isn't a heavy
displacment boat weighing over 15,000 pounds, but can still survive in
heavy weather.

Jim