Gould 0738

Default Evinrude FICHT beats out Yamaha in JD Powers survey

Chuck,

Flames aside, my question remains unanswered. Realize you have no obligation
to defend your position, but IMO if everyone included in the survey pays for
the survey all are entitled to a result.

If Evinrude, Yamaha, and Mercury ALL pay for a survey there must be a ranking
at the end of the survey. In this case Evinrude wins, no?

If the above is true, how do you explain your premise? Under the scenario
you
described no one would fail to be first, no?

I suspect you may have reached an incorrect conclusion on this issue, senor.
Comment?

Butch

Powers surveys for a couple of different objectives.

First, if you sign up with JD Powers to survey your recently delivered
customers (or more likely, the manufacturer will do so), you will get a report
reflecting what the surveys of your specific customers said. And you will pay.
And nobody else will know what your customers said.

For this kind of statistic to be meaningful to a business, one has to know how
the numbers compare to the competition, but the comparison numbers that are
furnished for comparison are typically expressed as an aggregate......(or they
were 10-15 years ago when I used to get the reports of customer surveys)

Second, you can contract with JD Powers to conduct a "survey" showing how your
trademark compares to others in the industry as far as customer satisfaction
and perception of quality goes. Only the contracting company will pay for such
a survey. Any guesses how the results will turn out?

In any survey, you can control the answers you will get by the way you ask the
questions.

Again, look at that Cobalt boat survey.
Very typical.