Scott McFadden

Default OT The Incredible Lying BushCO!

Harry Krause wrote in message ...

I just love the way the idiot in the White House plays the game of
newspeak, don't you? "We're succeeding because the Iraqis are trying
harder."

Reminds me of what our military and political leaders were saying during
the war against the Vietnamese.

It does have an eerie ring to it.

It was crap then and it is crap now. We have the weaponry
to flatten military forces, but we don't have the wherewithal
to compete against superiority in intel.

Remember, it was not Viet Minh guerrillas who rolled into Saigon
in '75. It was regular army North Vietnamese troops supported by
tanks.

The Viet Minh had been effectively finished off by the infamous
"Phoenix Program".

http://www.danford.net/phoenix.htm

Something on that order is what needs to get started, right now.

You may have noticed I did not use the term "Viet Cong".

That is because it was just another one the many made up "lies" by the
US Govt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viet_Minh

If you're going to lie about, or worse yet don't even know, who it is
you're really fighting, is it any wonder you do not succeed?
--
SJM