Harry Krause

Default Evinrude FICHT beats out Yamaha in JD Powers survey

Gould 0738 wrote:
Oh, puh-lease. When I "participated" in the Yamaha survey, I had 50+
years of actual usage experience with various brands of outboard
motors. So, I presume, do many other purchasers. I doubt 225 hp
outboards of any brand are bought by firs-time boaters.

And you are going to be able to accurately compare the total ownership
experience of the brand new outboard you just got, with the Johnson Sea Horse
you sold 45 years ago?

I wasn't asked about "total ownership experience" in the survey I took.
I was asked why I bought a Yamaha, whether the dealer took the time to
explain the features, whether I got a shop tour, a complete demo,
whether I was "pleased" with the way the engine was running, with the
sound levels, with the fuel burn, with the performance, et cetera.

I certainly am in a position to "accurately compare" my treatment at the
dealership and the experiences with my first 50 hours of engine use with
similar experiences over the last 15 years or so.

You don't have enough time with the current product, and
you have forgotten about the old one.

Nope. Not only do I remember my experiences with the Mercs I owned over
the last decade or so, I have journals to remind me. Sorry. And while it
is true that at the time of the survey I only had 50 hours on the
engine, it was enough time to respond to early ownership questions.