del cecchi

Default Evinrude FICHT beats out Yamaha in JD Powers survey

"K Smith" wrote in message
snip

And thanks to all!!! so just to keep the record straight; again
Billgran has been caught spamming this NG with deceptive Ficht BS, as

he
has from the beginning of this consumer funded disaster.

Don't buy Ficht no matter what new name they put on it!! from anyone,
not ever!!!!

I always wondered if these surveys were like getting "voted Motor Trend
Car of the Year". :-)

Anyway they don't really address the issue with the DFI motors,
reliability. This is more an initial quality thing. And it shows that
most boat buyers are sort of clueless. The DFI motors have a lot of
very nice performance attributes. Lower gas and oil consumption,
although did merc ever figure out why some Optimaxes were sucking oil?
No smoke, nice smooth idle, start right up without having to know the
magic spell. The only negative aspect was weight to some extent, and
medium to long term reliability. Yes I know Ficht had a bad early life
failure rate, but incompetent management could screw up a concrete
block.

In a few years we will know if the Bombardier Ficht and ETech motors are
in fact reliable in normal service. Of course I wonder if there will
ever be 20 year old Fichts and Optimaxes buzzing around minnesota lakes
like there are 20 year old carb'd motors.

Or will 2 stroke outboards go the way of 2 stroke motorcycles. Killed
by zealous bureaucrats in the name of Sacred Gaia.

We shall see what we shall see.

del cecchi