DSK

Default Captain Klutz?

Dave wrote:
From what I've been able to sift from various sources, conventional
countermeasures work fine if the soldier under attack can manage to get on
his protective gear in 9 seconds

You know, in any realistic scenario, the service member in question will
already be suited up for a long time before exposure. Do you really
think the armed forces stand around with their thumbs testing the wind,
and suddenly, as a shell explodes near them, says "Wow, we better get
our anti-gas stuff ready!"

In case you have to wonder about this, the answer is: NO

In fact, a bigger problem is that by the time actual exposure begins,
the filters are at the end of their life (and while you *can* change the
filters in a Mark V holding your breath, it isn't recommended) and
especially in a hot climate everybody is sick of having their clothing
taped shut and is unbuttoning.

Same goes for armored vehicles BTW.

But hey, don't let the facts interfere with a rollicking rabid rant.

Sorry I interrupted you, then.

DSK