Jonathan Ganz

Default Captain Klutz?

Did you defend the makers of that also?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Dave" wrote in message
On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 07:17:14 -0500, "katysails"

said:

Agent Orange does cause certain types of cancer and has been linked to

other
diseases. It's major component, dioxin, is a carcenoid.

It's been a while but if I remember correctly dioxin was not a major
component in the sense of being the active ingredient, but was simply one

of
the chemicals produced in the course of the manufacturing process--almost

contaminant. The major legal issue in the case, if I remember right, was
whether, if the manufacturers produced precisely what the military asked
them to produce in the product specifications, the manufacturer was
responsible for the effects of the military's use of the product.

Dave
S/V Good Fortune
CS27