DSK

Default Captain Klutz?

At the VA hospital here (next to Duke), they have been a learning a lot
of depressing things about Gulf War Syndrome. Apparently it's the result
of taking the poison gas pre-antidote which the Army (in it's wisdom)
insisted everybody take.

DSK

katysails wrote:

http://www1.va.gov/opa/fact/docs/agentorangefs.htm

Agent Orange does cause certain types of cancer and has been linked to other
diseases. It's major component, dioxin, is a carcenoid. I work with 2
nurses who have done their stints at the local VA hospital...the evidence,
they say, is overwhelming, when you read the studies and the charts of those
afflicted. I [personally had a friend who suffered with Hoskins disease for
years before he succumbed...his tour of duty included being on the boats
that went down the rivers spraying the stuff on either side to defoliate
camouflage situations...he suffered miserably, but kept fighting it until he
couldn't anymore. He died last year at the age of 60. He was a vital man,
with no genetic history of any type of cancer in his family. I'm sure there
were times when he must have thought the cancer raging through his system
was much worse than the war he helped fight in Nam.