Jonathan Ganz

Default Dutch tall ship causes acute embarrassment

Like when Ashcrap covered up the statue's breast? I guess so
he wouldn't have to stand next to another boob.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Dave" wrote in message
On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 17:01:02 -0500, "Paul Schilter"
paulschilter@comcast,dot,net said:

I thought his point was that we have some hang-ups in this country.

I thought the point was a bit more subtle--that among some there's a
tendency to apply perfectly good principles without any thought, leading

absurd results. The fact that you don't want a couple to engage in public
copulation in St. Patrick's Cathedral (as happened a year or so ago)

doesn't
mean you have to cover up the naked breast on a ship's figurehead.

Dave
S/V Good Fortune
CS27