F330 GT

Default 3 or 4 blade props?

For this application, good performance SS 4 blade props would be the best
choice. They will give you better acceleration, planing speed, and low
speed cruising ability. You will loose a few mph on top end but chances are
your not trying for top end speed anyway. You will definetly like the way
the boat behaves. Prop for right at max rpms on the engines at wide open.

Don't waist your money on aluminum 4 blade or composite 4 blade as you have
too much torque for these props to hold their shape over time.

--
Tony
my boats and autos - http://t.thomas.home.mchsi.com

"Diver1055" wrote in message
Hi

I have just purchased a 2950 Proline with twin 225 OceanRunners. I am

trying
to get the best economical cruise speed I can. I was wonderig what would

be
the advantages to a 4 blade prop as apposed to a three blade prop...

Thanks
Rick

Tony,

I don't disagree with the response as far as the qualities of 4 blades but he
was asking for the most economical cruise. I can't imagine a 4 blade being more
economical than a 3. Common sense tells me there would be less drag with one
less blade.

Barry