Capt. Frank Hopkins

Default OT--Economy Grows at Fastest Pace Since 1984

Not to mention the lost dividends!

Capt Frank

NOYB wrote:
Frank,
The Nasdaq is up over 70% from 12 months ago...and the Dow is up 30%.
That's great if you got in the market in October 2002. Of course, when a
stock falls 50%, then it has to go up 100% just to be even.

"Capt. Frank Hopkins" wrote in message
link.net...

I just wish my stock prices would recover. I took a hit when the tech
stocks crashed.

Perhaps if we dumped NAFTA, the economy would take a big jump in
manufacturing!

Capt. Frank

NOYB wrote:

Economy Grows at Fastest Pace Since 1984
By JEANNINE AVERSA, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON - The economy grew at a blistering 7.2 percent annual rate in

the

third quarter in the strongest pace in nearly two decades. Consumers

spent

with abandon and businesses ramped up investment, compelling new

evidence of

an economic resurgence.

The increase in gross domestic product, the broadest measure of the
economy's performance, in the July-September quarter was more than

double

the 3.3 percent rate registered in the second quarter, the Commerce
Department reported Thursday.

The 7.2 percent pace marked the best showing since the first quarter of
1984. It exceeded analysts' forecasts for a 6 percent growth rate for
third-quarter GDP, which measures the value of all goods and services
produced within the United States.

"This is a gangbuster number. Everything came together for the economy

in

the third quarter," said Mark Zandi, chief economist at Economy.com.

I guess we can take "bagging on the economy" off the '04 Democratic

election

strategy...