Wayne.B

Default Inflatable Boat - Lakes in Chicagoland

Inflatables row very poorly, especially against the wind. The
cautionary note on the 1 hp electric is worth repeating, inflatables
present a lot of surface area to the wind and require a decent amount
of power to move them in any kind of sea condition or adverse breeze.

My recommendation would be small ponds or protected harbors only.

On 19 Jul 2003 21:16:45 -0700, (Slawek) wrote:

I was going to use the boat and the electric troll motors for
recreational use only and I also have a set of oars. I am just looking
for some good lakes around Chicago I could take my inflatable boat.

J K wrote in message .198...
I'm answering a question that you did not ask -- Nevertheless,

from what I've seen of electric troll motors trying to beat against wind:

motor 0
wind 1

J K

I bought a inflatable boat XR86GTX. I live in northern part of
Chicago. Could you recommend me any good lakes or rivers? Can I use my
boat on any lake or there are some limitations for inflatables?