DSK

Default 40 Below and Cold Steel

Capt Mooron wrote:
Just dropped by to say Hi! I'm actually "in town" for the weekend... okay
it's Norman Wells and only 800 people...
It's been an average of minus 38 here for a long while.

Phooey... Weather Underground says it's only minus 12! Of course it is
very sunny today. I hope that you brought your swim trunks.

....I've been working survey and in
charge of 2 crews erecting steel abutments for bridge crossings. Cols steel
at 40 below just sucks the heat out of you! The snow is belly deep to a
moose and it makes for a diffcult time surveying. I've gotten more
snowmobile and Argo time this season than all the other years combined. One
of my local buddies just got his commercial helicopter cert.... so I'm off
to the Franklin Mountains tomorrow morning for a spin!

That sounds like a lot of fun... but that far north, is there any point
in surveying? It's all ice and snow, one place is that same as every
other, right

Get this now...... they provided me with two beautiful blonde babes as
helpers. I'm not kiddin' ya... these girls are cute. How lucky can you get
eh?!! The girls are back at base camp.... Ha Ha Ha! They get out next week
when the bar brings in the male strippers for lady's night!

A male stripper as 12 below? Sounds like a tough way to earn a living.

I'll post pictures to webshots when I get back.... I'm on a snail connection
here. Take care and I'll see if I can check in on Sunday before I head back
out to the sticks. Man what totally AWESOME country this is up here!!!

Well some pictures of life up in the frozen north would be excellent.
But one reason why your connection might be slow is that it's iced up...
the town of Norman Wells web site is congealed in a puddle of liquid
nitrogen and makes my browser get uncontrollable shivers.

Here look
www.normanwells.com/

Good to hear from you, Mooron

Doug King