Grampa Bob

Default Steam in exhaust

My question oncerns my Ford 352 inboard motor. It is a V8 with each
side having its own risers and exhaust pipes. For about three years I
have noticed steam mixed with the exhaust water on the port side.
This is slowly increasing in amount and now the temp gauge shows the
running temp to be higher, about 190 rather than the usual 180. Also,
the riser on the port side feels a bit warmer than that on the right.
It still runs fine, although the steam is a bit more marked since I
installed an electronic ignition. What are the possible causes of
this and how can I make a diagnosis?