felton

Default "Undesirable alien" buying a US flagged boat

On 11 Mar 2004 16:35:30 GMT, (JAXAshby) wrote:

a real estate lawyer and you are preaching about admiralty law?

try telling it to the CG judges, "the courts" in this case, and see if they
agree.

you generalized your specifics, davy, to the universal. it is a dumb mistake
to make for someone with "30 years experience" even if it is in real estate, or
wills, or incorporations, or matrimonial, or literary, or patents, or defending
DWI's.

Try telling it to the CG judges and see how long you keep the documentation.

You are the one who posted some legal verbage in which it is clear to
all but you that the words "effective control" related to ownership,
not the casual operation of a recreational vessel. If you know of a
specific case that illustrates your contention, why not post it? I
have a hard time believing that if I were to allow my Italian friend
to sail my boat, I would put my documentation in jeopardy.

I'll try and keep my anxiety under control until the confusion is
resolved

dave, *I* suggest you take a look at the word "control" as interpreted by

the
courts.

Don't need to, Jax. I've been a practicing lawyer for 30 years, and the term
"control" and its meaning comes up about once a week in my practice areas.
Matter of fact, I've written 3 legal memoranda in the last month on the
meaning of "control" under various statutes and regulations.

Dave
S/V Good Fortune
CS27