Martin Baxter

Default "Undesirable alien" buying a US flagged boat

Ric wrote:

Forgive him, he's obviously a bit thick as I also explained that I don't
really have a "home country" and I would also far rather not have it under
US flag if I can avoid it as I quite like to have boats of other
nationalities give me a friendly waive as they pass, and I don't want the
USCG messing me around and I don't want to contribute my money to the US war
machine.

You could try registering it in my province, Ontario. When I registered my boat
all they wanted was the bill of sale and the GST, (8%), didn't ask where I was
from, or for ID for that matter. This is not the same as documentation, but you
get a nice little certificate that says that you are the owner of the vessel and that
it is registered in Canada. You then must put a set of letters and numbers on the
side of the vessel.

Cheers
Marty