Capt.American

Default "Undesirable alien" buying a US flagged boat

"Ric" wrote in message ...
Hello,

I am an "alien" as you americans like to call us. I'm even worse an
"undesirable alien" because your government won't give me a visa because of
a book I wrote.

However, I wish to buy a second-hand boat from a gentleman in New York. He
currently has the boat registered under a US flag. Will I be able to keep
the boat under US flag? I intend to live aboard and sail indefinitely, so
will have no fixed abode so no logical country to register the boat. It
would make things much simpler therefore if I just kept it under US flag.
Would this be permitted, given that I am an "undesirable alien" and do not
have an address in the USA?

Whats the name of the book you wrote?

And No you can not keep the vessel registered under a US flag. You
must have a US address to register a boat under a US flag. And it
would be nice if you paid some US taxes. Why should the USA protect
your vessel in international waters if you do nothing for the USA?

I suggest you get that stupid New Yorker to deliver the boat to you,
then you can pay import taxes to your own country and register it in
your country. If your in certian places like Cuba then just forget it
all the way around.

Undesireable alien free loader is more like it.

Capt. American