Ric

Default "Undesirable alien" buying a US flagged boat

This is why I am trying to determine under what flag I can register the boat
I intend to buy. I wish to buy the boat then sail it indefinitely. I don't
intend to "import" it anywhere - for a start where too? I am an NZ citizen,
but haven't lived there for 35 years and have no connections there at all
anymore. I currently reside in France, but will have no more connections to
France once I am on the boat. Where do I therefore register to? Country of
birth? Country of last residence? Neither NZ or France would allow that as I
have no address in either country. Or keep the existing registration (which
seems impossible)? Or can I register it under a flag of convenience like
Panama?