Jack Redington

Default pump out or no pumpout head

Peggie Hall wrote:

We really don't use it all that ofter making sure the kids go before we
head out. I think it got use twice this summer.

But you're on an inland fresh water lake, Jack...where it's a lot easier
to just "take a swim" when necessary than it is on the Chesapeake Bay.
The sea nettles (a type of jellyfish) can make that a very interesting
experience.

Which reminds me of a story that's funny in the telling, but prob'ly not
to the person it happened to: a friend's wife is exceptionally
modest...she'd go down the swim ladder as an alternative to using the
head...but wouldn't drop her drawers--which on this night were
voluminous. They billowed out around her while she was waist deep in the
water...naturally clung to her as she came up. On this particular night,
she'd managed to trap a sea nettle under 'em. As her husband put it, "modesty went out the window while she invented break dancing in the
cockpit as I ran below to get the meat tenderizer."

Btw...how IS life on Lanier these days?

Peggie

Lanier was great this summer, The water is still very high. The highest
I have seen this late in the year since I moved here. Last Saturday I
made a run up the Chatt-arm of the lake and enjoyed the fall colors with
the family. Will most likely get out at least one day this weekend as it
is suppose to be around 75+ all weekend. :-)

The only draw back was that a lot of the swimming beaches were under
water just about all year. So the kids were limited for the most part
with just swimming around the boat on the hook. And not going ashore much.

You take care, and drop me a line if you decide to visit your former
home waters again

Capt Jack R..