Bobsprit

Default Hull Speed, Cal, O'Day 34

I have a 16-inch newt mounted in a truss-tube Dob assembly. I'm a
member of the NASA -JSC astronomy club and have been attending the Texas
Star Party for several years, held annually in the spring in west Texas.

Wow! That's a big piece of glass! Congrats. Something like that would be too
much for me, but I love looking through the big scopes.
Yeah, astronomy via scopes won't work well on a boat and I'd sooner keep good
optics clear of salt water. Last summer we did okay anchored in Oyster
Bay...lying on the fordeck and counting meteors.

RB