Jim Cate

Default Hull Speed, Cal, O'Day 34

Bobsprit wrote:

Incidentally, are you also an astronomy expert? That happens to be one
of my intersts, and I plan on being at the TSP again this year.

Not an "expert" but I've been an avid amatuer for 20 years. I currently use a
Celestron 9.25. I do most of my observing in PA where darker skies still
prevail. I used to use a Dynascope RV6, Celestron 8 and Questar Duplex. I've
used a lot of scopes and do consider myself an armchair expert when it comes to
scope buying.

RB

I have a 16-inch newt mounted in a truss-tube Dob assembly. I'm a
member of the NASA -JSC astronomy club and have been attending the Texas
Star Party for several years, held annually in the spring in west Texas.
I also have one the new Meade autoguided systems. I'm hoping to
finish the Messier list this year. - Don't think this would work on a
boat, but binocular observing should be good off shore.

Jim