The Carrolls

Default How many beers before jaxie starts to make sense?

Perhaps it was not referred to as a U-boat, but it seems to me someone here
claimes that U-boat is a generic reference to submarines, you don't
happen to recall who that was do you?
http://www.bowfin.org/website/educat...rtle/article/a
rticle.htm Check out this page and then we will discuss weather there were
submarines as warships during the age of sail.
"JAXAshby" wrote in message
was it refered to -- in history -- as a "U-Boat"? if so, did it reduce

sail
powered to commercial vessels to nothingness? If not, when was sail

powered
commercial shipping kaput relative to U-Boats?

sail powered commercial shipping was kaput long before any u-boats got

on
this
side of the atlantic.

For your information, approximated 25% of ALL
commercial shipping vessels made in the last 50 years of sail

powered
shipping
sunk before the boats were retired. one in four.

it was those darn U-boats hiding in LIS.

SV