otnmbrd

Default How many beer boxes needed to navigate an ocean?

JAXAshby wrote:
don't know anything about RDF as used
on ships,

of course, RDF on ships IS different from RDF on sailing vessels IS different
from RDF in aircraft IS different from RDF in blimps.

yup, totally different. Different concept, different equipment, different
training, different accuracy. Different everything. All the way back to 1920
when RDF became actual.

but, you knew that didn't you over the nee?

ROFL Nice try, but it does nothing to change the fact YOU don't know how
to use it, how it can be used. It tells me you are unaware of the
problems of a ship (be it sail or power) trying to use an RDF signal set
up for aircraft .... it tells me you are not aware of how to obtain a
position ....it tells me you are slinging your usual BS to cover up the
fact you are a rank amateur with minimal skills and knowledge of navigation.

In other words, you could not trust your navigation skills

it wasn't the nav skills we didn't trust, it was the charts. But I was in good
company. the career merchant marine and experienced ocean racer didn't trust
them either.

Why? and don't give me the good seamanship BS, cause you wouldn't know
good from bad, and until you can tell me what this career merchant
mariner was, I'll consider him a career BR.
BTW, If you didn't trust the charts, you shouldn't have been anywhere
near land or shoals, and screw the current. (I find it interesting, that
considering the amount of ship traffic which passes this area daily,
that some s'posed career merchant mariner wouldn't trust the charts,
unless he was cutting too close to the shoals, and wouldn't have a good
idea as to how far off he could be and miss the current)
I know you don't have a clue about navigation, Jax, but your post are
beginning to indicate that your career merchant mariner BR, didn't either.

but you -- over the nee -- would blindly drive on a flank speed, right?
jeffies said he would and did in a fog. are you not the sailor jeffies is?

Merchant ships don't use the term "flank speed" (that's Navy), and no, I
never drive on, without knowing where I was or was going, but unlike you
and your so-called career merchant mariner, I always have more than one
way to confirm my position, when in "pilottage" waters.
You flunk the test (as it were) if you needed to see a particular light
under those conditions to confirm your position. You s'posedly had other
methods of navigation and either were incapable of using them or
inexperienced in knowing how to (I'd opt for the last two).

otn