JAXAshby

Default How many beer boxes needed to navigate an ocean?

don't know anything about RDF as used
on ships,

of course, RDF on ships IS different from RDF on sailing vessels IS different
from RDF in aircraft IS different from RDF in blimps.

yup, totally different. Different concept, different equipment, different
training, different accuracy. Different everything. All the way back to 1920
when RDF became actual.

but, you knew that didn't you over the nee?

In other words, you could not trust your navigation skills

it wasn't the nav skills we didn't trust, it was the charts. But I was in good
company. the career merchant marine and experienced ocean racer didn't trust
them either.

but you -- over the nee -- would blindly drive on a flank speed, right?
jeffies said he would and did in a fog. are you not the sailor jeffies is?