Glen

Default Bilge Pump Switch

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 20:49:46 GMT, "Paul" tempted
fate with:

You should also be worried about your computer's hard drive. Data is stored
in binary format, 1 and 0. The zero has slightly greater mass and therefore,
if you haven't balanced your hard drive lately you could be wearing out your
bearings prematurely.

This suggests that you could make laptops lighter by leaving out the
zeros. Is this how zip files work? But I don't understand. A 0 is
nothing, right? How can 1 be less than 0? Is 2 also less than 0?
Or is it just less than 1? Is this why they say less is more?

I heard that there are ony 10 kinds of people in the world, those who
know binary and those who don't.

Glen "Wiley" Wilson usenet1 SPAMNIX at worldwidewiley dot com
To reply, lose the capitals and do the obvious.

Take a look at cpRepeater, my NMEA data integrator, repeater, and
logger at http://www.worldwidewiley.com/