JAXAshby

Default have blue

storing gaseous hydrogen takes one ENORMOUS amount of space, while storing
liquid hydrogen takes some enormous equipment that takes enormous power to run.
someone once was trying to come up with some "honeycomb" material that store
gaseous hyrdrogen in high densities, but I haven't heard of them in a while.

While I agree that the scheme is somewhat harebrained, and likely taken as
whole comes out on the negative side energy wise; why store the energy in
a chemical battery, why not use it to break the bonds in the H2O molecule
and store the gasses? I think the energy required by the pumps to accomplish
this would probably be sufficient to cause the whole wacky idea to come
acropper.

Cheers
Marty