JAXAshby

Default have blue

jeff, about it. where does the power to generate hydrogen come from? How much
power is generated by "burning" the hydrogen to produce water? Is this more
energy or less energy than it takes to split water into hydrogen?

jeffies, remember what they taught you in those alleged classes you took on
your way to your alleged arts degree in physics? You know, power in = power
out.

So why would you put a "belt driven" alternator on a shaft that already has
an
electric motor that can regenerate? And why only 6 amps at 12 volts?

The system I saw can charge 22 Amps at 144 Volts. The net efficiency was
such
that they could power something like 1 hour for every 4 sailing. The battery
bank was good for around 4 hours of powering, and a 10kW genset could run it
fulltime (actually only running part-time to charge the batteries) with
power
to spare. This was a 47 foot catamaran.

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
ah, NO solar panels. I see. Just an alternator belted to the spinning

prop
shaft puttin out maybe 6 amps.

So, let's add it up. 6 amps at 12 volts for 24 hours = 1,728 watts, which

=
2.3 hp-hours.

But you need 20 hp for up to 20 hours, or 400 hp-hours, or about 300,000

watts,
which will take you approximately 173.611111 days sailing to produce.

You would also need battery capacity of 50,000 amps.

This is to motor not even 1 day.

I dunno, joony. you think it is doable?

Jaxass, looks like you can't read. I said, no solar panels. Not sure
where you got $40K either. You're proving yourself over and
over to be an idiot.

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
let's see if I got this straight.

you guys are saying that between solar panals and a generator belted to
the
prop shaft you will have more than enough amps produced to drive a 20 hp
electric motor for up to several hours, and therefore the public is

going
stampede the vendor to pay upwards of $40K for a motor, panals, a few
thousand
pounds of batteries all to avoid paying $8k for a diesel engine, plus
fuel.

boy, you guys sure do have dreams, don't you.

"Jonathan Ganz"
scribbled thusly:

They're charged by the prop spinning while sailing.

This isn't the only one, but check this web site for more
info.

http://www.solomontechnologies.com/

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
ah, and the "batts" are charge how?