Rosalie B.

Default Conserving food without a fridge

(Steve Smith) wrote:

Hi

Having read that cheese could be stored in oil for long periods I
tried this and found that hard cheese (cheddar) in vegetable oil was
still OK after 8 months (tested at home).

Has anyone else any tips for other long term storage without a fridge
or ice box? Can other items be stored in oil or other mediums?

Get Annie Hill's book "Voyaging on a Small Income". I've summarized
some of it in another post here - you can google it.

And/or get the Pardey's book which I think is called the Cost
Conscious Cruiser. She has a chapter on feeding the crew.

grandma Rosalie