Gould 0738

Default OT--Economy Grows at Fastest Pace Since 1984

You're right, it is all relative.
Relatively speaking our debt is lower now than it was throughout the 90's.

Relatively speaking?

Maybe if you're a relative of a right wing radio spin doctor.

Our current debt is about 1 1/2 times what it averaged in the 90's. Is somebody
trying to state that the size of our (recessed) economy is more than 150% of
what it was in the 90's and therefore the debt is
still in proportion? That's easy to say, but I think it would be impossible to
come up with any evidence to support such a s-t-r-e-t-c-h of logic.

You also have to examine the trend. The national debt increased more in single
fiscal year ended 9-30-2003 (about $500 billion) than it did in any single year
in the 90's, and indeed more than it did in almost any 2 year period you can
find during the 90's.

Prior Fiscal
Years

09/30/2003 $6,783,231,062,743.62