DSK

Default Posts on subs lost. I dunno why, and don't care.

DD730 wrote:
How about Nobuo Fujita who bombed Oregon in a biplane off a sub?
Or I-23 who sank a patrol boat in full view of bathers on Monterey Beach?
Or I-25 that ran a merchantman ashore on the Columbia River?
Or Dec 24, 1941 when several coastal areas of California, Washington, and
Oregon were shelled by subs?

It's all true.

Yes it is. Truth is sometimes stranger than fiction!

wrote:
... You waded in with derision, only to find out that Jax was right and you were
WRONG!

Oh really? I guess you don't know much, sock puppet.

Jax said- a Japanese sub shelled Seattle, did not do much damage, and
the incident was well known.

What really happened... a Japanese sub claimed to have flown a scout
mission over Seattle... might have really happened. Oh wait Jax was
right about one thing, the damage *was* slight!

Jax said- a U-boat entered the Potomac River during the war, was sunk
there, and marked on the chart as an obstruction.

What really happened... A German submarine taken as a prize after the
war was towed into the Potomac by the U.S. Navy and sunk as part of of a
weapons experiment. It certainly is not marked on any charts as an
obstruction, because it is over 60' down. In fact for years the Navy
gave false details about the location of the sub.

What Jax said- a U-boat was sunk in Long Island Sound by the USCG, that
it was their only U-boat sinking, and that they bragged inordinately
about it.

What really happened... a U-boat was indeed sunk in LIS... although it
wasn't by the USCG and they never bragged about it.

And you want to blow a lot of gas about how Jax was RIGHT!

Be really careful when your nannie brings in your soup, BittyBill,
sometimes people can drown in a bowl of soup. Maybe you should wear a PFD...

DSK