otnmbrd

Default Mississippi Fog

Joe wrote:
http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/index.s...7769157140.xml

Seems most of the crew of the sunken boat are locals. RIP.

We read the report differently.

And something is fishy about the pilot saying he hasent seen many
small boats in Southwest pass, thats BS. And I wonder why they decided
on 2 whistles to pass.

Not the pilot, a pilot. He seems to be saying that he doesn't know the
particular boat, which coupled with the fact that the majority of the
crew are from Texas, may mean that they were not regulars. As for the
stbd to stbd passage, that's understandable if the ZIM was running deep
and wanting the deepest part of the channel

Bet it's going to prove to be a Stbd side T-bone, and they will blame
the smaller vessel.

If it does, then the Zim will have some s'plainin to do, considering the
stbd to stbd agreement.

And I agree that annoying lights from the terminal could be a very
confusing factor in fog. That confusion could of been avoided by
focusing on radar alone.

Might be confusing to someone new to the area, but sole concentration to
the radar is not necessarily going to solve that problem, so, I'd
disagree with your second sentence.
At any rate, condolences to all.

otn