RGrew176

Default B.O.A.T.

From: OldAsDirtSchool

I'm no expert, but $550 sounds very high for aluminum props. Even
specialty ones. Even though they might not have one for your specific
application I'll add another option to the list just in case. I recently
bought a pair of Piranha composite props as backups to my stainless Merc
props. Very reasonable price, no corrosion concerns, replaceable blades,
Stronger yet lighter than cast aluminum. I can't vouch for actual
performance though, I've been lucky enough not to need them yet.
www.piranha.com. I have no affiliation with these guys, just seemed like
a good choice for my emergency needs.

You are correct that is HIGH, but that is the price they are asking. I have a
rare prop I guess and so far none of the other propellor makers make the prop I
need. My boat performs very well with them so I do not want to change anything
therefore I will go with the stainless for the difference in price.

"Transvestite: A guy who likes to eat, drink and be Mary.