David Ditch

Default pump out or no pumpout head

Thats correct, I'd expect the porta pottie would be used for emergencies.
I'd like to be doing water sports so I don't want a cruiser.

David

"DaveH" wrote in message
From your description, I'd say you're really using the head for

emergencies,
probably not most of the time you're out. In that case, pretty much any
porta-potti ought to do fine. My advice would be to either skip the
"cuddy-cabin" and either go to a real cruiser, or an open boat. The cuddy
is likely to become an overgrown glovebox.

To answer your questions, I think most marinas have a pumpout, but not

all.
There's not a standard place where they're located, and it's not generally
expensive. I think in my area (southern Maryland) it's about $5 at

private
marinas, and free at the state pumpout. What's involved is the pumpout is

glorified wet-vac that hooks up to a port on the outside of a
pumpout-equipped boat, and sucks the waste out.

Good luck.

"David Ditch" wrote in message
Thanks for all the replys.
All the boats I am looking at come standard with the porta pottie in the
cuddie. The thing I'm contemplating is to get the pump out option or

not.
Its me, my wife and 3 kids total.
I'd expect outings to be several hours at a time, not necessarily all

day.
I'd expect that If I do an all day trip, there would be some stops along

the
way to some dock side restaurants or something.

One question, is do all marinas have a place to pump out?
Where are they usually located? near the fuel point?
I don't mind spending money for convenience, after all boating is not a

low
$$$ hobbie now is it?
If they charge for it, how much is it?

David

"David Ditch" wrote in message
Hi all,
I am looking at various 23' cuddies.
I have a family of 5 including 3 kids ages 5,3,and 1
I have the option of a pump out or no pump out head.
What is invoved in pumping out? Where?
If not pumped out, what is involved in dumping the wast in the little

tank?
I live in the Baltimore/Annapolis are of the Chesapeake.

David