DSK

Default Navigation Question

A gallon an hour is to high a fuel usage for a 20 hp engine pushing a
Beni. That is about 4 times it actual usage

Prove your manufactures figures. I think you've been caugth in a lie
again. I don't think you have any figures for a 20 hp diesel

The Ole Fart :^) Superior to Jax's Brain

JAXAshby wrote:
no, old fart. specific fuel consumption figures for brand new engines
operating under laboratory conditions is about 16 hp for each gallon burned per
hour. You can check the manufacturers' spec sheet if you wish.

A serious reference will include the BSFC which is 'Brake Specific Fuel
Consumption' which is a measure of how much fuel the given engines burns
when producing a rated brake horsepower.

A good explanation is at

http://www.prime-mover.org/Engines/GArticles/bsfc.html

which BTW also quotes some figures for various types of engines... which
BTW don't agree with your figures, surprise surprise.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King