Peggie Hall

Default pump out or no pumpout head

David Ditch wrote:
Thanks for all the replys.
All the boats I am looking at come standard with the porta pottie in the
cuddie. The thing I'm contemplating is to get the pump out option or not.
Its me, my wife and 3 kids total.

That's all? )

I'd expect outings to be several hours at a time, not necessarily all day.
I'd expect that If I do an all day trip, there would be some stops along the
way to some dock side restaurants or something.

I think you'd better spend some time browsing the guides to the
Bay...'cuz once you get out of Annapolis Harbor, it's quite a distance
to the next stop. And the going won't be much fun in a boat that small
if there's any chop...which there often is on the Bay.

One question, is do all marinas have a place to pump out?

Most do, but not all. And they're not always open at the ones that do.

Where are they usually located? near the fuel point?

Some are, some aren't.

I don't mind spending money for convenience, after all boating is not a low
$$$ hobbie now is it?
If they charge for it, how much is it?

I think we covered that already. Some are free, most charge only $5...a
few are higher.

If I were you, I'd be looking for 25-27' cruiser. If you rent a 22-23'
cuddy for a day, I think you'll understand why.

Peggie
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://shop.sailboatowners.com/detai...=400&group=327