Lawrence James

Default Engine Oil (Milky / Gray)

The most common problem in boats is the exhaust system. The manifolds,
risers, or the gasket between them leak. The water runs down into the
cylinders through open values and then leaks past the rings into the oil.
How old are your exhaust manifolds and risers? Do you boat in salt or fresh
water?

Second problem is that people don't drain the water form their engine, it
freezes and cracks the block or heads. Did you winterize last year? Did
you change the oil during the summer and it was ok then?

A warped head is usually the results of severe over heating. Did the engine
overheat?

It is best to make every effort to figure out what has happened before you
start disassembly. It's going to be bad no matter what it is.

"Matt" wrote in message
My engine oil recently almost doubled in capacity when i changed the oil

the
other day. It is gray / milky looking. Suggestions from another post

said
have a mechanic look at it becuase it might be a warped head. Is there
anything else it could be? Also do you recommend I get it service before
the winter?