Bobsprit

Default Lifelines

Really? That's pretty standard information.

Lifelines are very useful and important:
1) Working forward, stay low and they can and will catch you
2) If you take a fall from anywhere, accept over them, they can and will catch
you
3) Jacklines-part of the system.

You should expect to "rely" on lifelines. I've never heard or read anyone call
them a "last resort" and wouldn't treat them as such. I consider this an unsafe
philosophy. Like EVERY safety system on board they should be cared for as
PRIMARY safety gear. Do otherwise and you might regret it. I use my lifelines
FAR more often than my Fire Extiguisher (never used them actually), but I keep
the extinguishers updated as well.

RB