Jonathan Ganz

Default Race Riot In Sydney

Sounds like a pale version of LA.

OzOne wrote in message ...

Yeah, it's great isn't it.
This area is a no go zone for white Australians.
A high percentage of the people who live there are convicted criminals
with no regard for the law.
The real story is that the kid on the bike saw the Police and because
of a guilty conscience, took off down the street not looking where he
was going.
After impaling himself, the Police ran up and attempted to save his
life. They were covered in his blood..a definite No No when working
among the often drug addicted and hepatitis suffering population of
this two square miles.

The riots started after the community agitators spread the word that
Police had chased the boy to his death.

Fires were started and property damaged and burned.
Police and firemen suffered arms and legs broken with iron pipes as
they tried to put out the fires.

A good friend of mine was the Police area commander for that region.
He had often expressed the feeling that the next time the dung heap
was set on fire by its inhabitants that it should be declared too
dangerous to attend the fires and the whole area should be allowed to
burn to the ground.

Maybe next time!

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 14:56:29 GMT, "DD730" scribbled
thusly:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/...in600456.shtml

Rioters set fire to a train station and pelted police with gasoline bombs

in
an Aboriginal ghetto in Sydney on Monday during a nine-hour street battle
that began after a teenager died, allegedly while being chased by

officers.

The overnight rioting in the Redfern neighborhood, an Aboriginal ghetto

of
Australia's most populous city, left 40 officers injured and highlighted
continuing tensions between authorities and the nation's original
inhabitants.

The street battle earlier Monday followed the death of a 17-year-old
Aborigine, Thomas Hickey, who was impaled on a fence when he fell from

his
bicycle. His mother claimed officers were chasing the teen, an allegation
that police deny.

"It's got to stop, the way they treat our kids," Gail Hickey said. "They
treat our kids like dogs . they manhandle them."

Hundreds of police in full riot gear doused rioters with high-pressure

water
hoses during the fighting.

Oz1...of the 3 twins.