JimL

Default Can I change my Merc outboard to a jet pump?

Mosey,

Finally found the page I was looking for. You might want to check
out http://www.smalloutboards.com/j30ljet.htm

They have some early 90's Johnson 30hp outboard motors with jets
for $995 and if you buy a spare jet pump when you buy the motor,
it's $175 extra. Color choices are ugly green or grey. :^) I have
never dealt with these folks, but ran across this site a while back.
I suspect that by the time you converted your motor or traded in on
a jet drive, it would probably cost you at least that much if not
more. Besides, going this route, you could find out if it's what you
really want, and if it isn't, you could always sell the motor without
much loss.

-JimL

mosey wrote:
I have a new 40 hp Mercury outboard on my 15 ft. aluminum center console.
If I had known the versatility of jet pumps I would have bought one, but now
having the new boat and motor wonder if it's cost effective, or even
possible to purchase a kit to change my prop motor over to a pump. Anyone
have experience with this?

TIA
Mosey