Shen44

Default Joe, the dangerous Redneck

Donal..... In case you haven't figured it out, otn is maintaining a no
argument, no name calling discussion on this subject.
To date, you are seriously losing the major points being discussed with him.
Forget your post with Jeff and Joe .... there are many conditions we all deal
with that don't work all the time, work sometimes, and are greatly influenced
by our individual experience for a particular area of operation.
Never forget Rule 2 .... apply it to your area and conditions, and always know,
that what you may know or have used as normal conditions, may not apply to a
particular area or condition that you now find yourself, in.
Many modern vessels rely on radar, as their main source of information for the
routes they travel. Conditions may say that this is sufficient, or not, and in
the case of a collision, it will easily be proved .... not.
The point of this whole discussion, is the reality of what one can expect ....
the reality of what one must deal with .... the reality of .... Oh Chit...I
didn't think of that and should have.
No system is perfect, will guarantee safety, can be relied on solely ..... Rule
2.....You are responsible for what you do, don't do, what you should do, what
you shouldn't do.......etc.

Shen