Wally

Default Marine Radio RF Ground Question

Nav wrote:

That's what I thought. How can a low impedence increase voltage? Can
you explain Gilly's idea to me?

'Fraid not, but I'll have a guess... :-)

With a parallel cct, Z either side of resonance is low, which would develop
a lower voltage across the two components. The series cct presents high Z
either side of resonance. IOW, the high voltage developed across each
component in the series cct is outside the tuned frequency - at low F on one
component, high F on the other.

Alternatively, and I really am guessing here - how about something to do
with phase effects at resonance? All that leading and lagging of current WRT
voltage.

--
Wally
www.artbywally.com