Jeff Morris

Default Proper lookout in fog

The Boston Police and the MA State Police have a few of these boats with FLIR
cameras. The "justification" is to be able to see people in the water. They're
awesome boats - I get to check them out because they tie up next to mine when
they take on fuel. It can be nerve-racking trying to park my 36 footer in a 40
foot spot on the face dock with the head of the local SWAT team on my bow, an
interceptor on the stern, and a dozen cops hanging around.

http://www.interceptboats.com/Pages/nightcat.html

"Joe" wrote in message
om...
otnmbrd wrote in message

hlink.net...
Joe wrote:
According to the Colreg's- Would this guy using this helmet be a
proper visual lookout in dence fog that you can not see more than 10
feet?

http://www.nfrmag.com/backissues/Mar...mages/Flir.gif

He has a flir helmet on, he is firefighter, but lets say your deckhand
borrowed his helmet.

Hmmmmmm .... I wonder if I could con -- errrrr - talk someone into
getting me one of those to run "test" on

Depends on how good you are at Errrr..... talking.

Give it your best shot.

http://www.flir.com/

The commerical marine units run about 12K, The headmounted systems
must cost less. Perhaps you should start a local vollenteer marine
Fire Dept before you call.

Joe