Jeff Morris

Default And ???????

Something did not work properly with the radar procedures. In the aftermath,
they ran simulations with the ships and an action item that came out of that was
a meeting with the radar manufacturer to find out why it didn't work as it
should have.

Unfortunately, all the reports I found were rather terse - if it had been the
NTSB they would have listed model numbers, etc. The US reports however, are
usually fuzzy on the law until you get up to the appeals level.

One thing I found surprising while perusing the British "prosecution" reports
was the large number of boats prosecuted simply for not traveling properly in
the Dover TSS. One boat's defense was that their electronics failed and they
didn't have a paper backup, so they were also fined for not having a proper
chart.

"otnmbrd" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I get the feeling that although he had ARPA, he failed to properly use
it. With ARPA there should have been no guess work ....course, speed,
CPA, Rel.motion should have been known.

otn